Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Under the direct supervision of the Department(s) Associate Manager, this position aides in ensuring all product/manufacturing compliances are met. Support maintenance of assigned HTS and duties. Assists in procuring expedited, cost effective, reporting of, compliant import shipments. Audit and maintenance department owned ERP fields.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the review, interpret, and classify new items under HTS codes, populate US/CAN HTS codes/rates into PIM/MDM.
- Assist in the research of and remain current in all compliance attributes within product categories we distribute.
- Capture and communicate all DAS International Orders and Proforma Invoices, applying to Logistics Daily Purchase Order Management/ERP fields.
- Maintain pertinent notes on goods requiring additional or advanced documentation (ex. SDS/Batteries)
- Pursue cargo updates from vendors, timely plot onto daily logistics sheets and shipment planning.
- Identify costs and inform appropriate purchasing staff on delays, issues, and losses. Seek confirmation of charge back related to factory caused losses.
- Timely update to related internal customers on any issues that impact arrivals of international orders.
- Assist in auditing customs brokerage statements (US/CAN) and approve payment with customs record back-up (B3’s).
- Assist in auditing customs entry documents for accuracy, approval, or dispute.
- Assist in auditing US customs entries on CAN returns.
- Assist in recording daily customs reports and reconcile end of month ACH/PMS payment of US customs duties; communicate date of funds withdraw.
- Update master duty list and disperse to management/customs house brokers.
- Monitor published compliances (DAS Web Site)
- Track and document requested post entry amendments with customs house service provider.
- Support in navigating fluid trade topics and current events relating to the world of compliance.
- Capture and communicate all DAS International Orders and Proforma Invoices, applying to Logistics Daily Purchase Order Management (POM)/daily logistics sheet.
Skills and Qualifications
- Detail oriented and capable of managing large amounts of data.
- Use of critical thinking to facilitate the definition of project scope and goals.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, organizational and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient in office suite with an emphasize on Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Uses sound judgement and exercises discretion.
- Travel required: 10%
Education and Experience
- High school degree or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, logistics or compliance a plus.
- 2 (+) years of relevant compliance experience desired.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; talk; hear; use close vision; ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; use distance and color vision.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; use peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Mail Resume to:
724 Lawn Rd
Palmyra, PA 17078
No telephone calls please.
DAS is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive starting salary and benefit package including: Medical/RX/Dental/Vision insurance, life insurance, 401(K) retirement plan, travel expense package, vacation and holiday pay.Back