Location: Palmyra, PA
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the incumbent in this position will perform a variety of duties such as maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits, and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Microsoft Excel, familiarity with SharePoint and Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new software.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to complete the task, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
Primary Job Duties
- Record all financial activities related to subsidiary entities including revenues, expenditures, and adjustments.
- Reconcile all balance sheet account of subsidiary entities including cash and intercompany accounts.
- Prepare analytical reviews of subsidiary entities to ensure all transactions are accounted for properly.
- Perform all tasks associated with the general ledger, e.g., monthly journal entries, monthly closing entries, month-end general ledger review and reconciliation.
- Research cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Ensure proper accounting of all invoices and credit card charges by reviewing for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Track sales data related to passthrough rebate programs to ensure that payments are made to customers timely and accurately and that the maximum amount is recovered from vendors.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports and Ad Hoc analyses as needed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands and arms to finger, handle, or reach; talk/communicate; ability to hear and see; ability to lift and/or move up to 5 lbs.
- Occasionally required to stand in one place; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; use color vision; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Noise level ranges from quiet to normal.
Work Attire – Business Casual
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document
No telephone calls please.
DAS Companies, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The company is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.Back