Location: Palmyra, PA
The PowerBI Architect/Lead will be a business partner with the Operations, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and various other team members to initiate and implement innovative concepts within business processes utilizing various software packages. The day-to-day effort of this position personifies an IT culture that emphasizes quality, responsiveness, customer service, productivity, high standards and results. This role is to leverage innovative ways of problem solving through the use of “big data”.
The Architect / Lead is responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The position reports to the Manager of Applications.
Education and Experience
- Experience on Microsoft BI platform suite: Power BI, SQL Server, SSAS/SSRS (latest versions).
- Several years of Business Intelligence data modelling.
- Microsoft PowerBI Certification. (Preferred).
- Relevant degree pertaining to the essential duties of this role. (Preferred)
Skills and Qualifications
- Several years of experience in Data Warehousing with specific experience in BI data modelling, report / dashboard development, plus service and security administration.
- Should have a strong understanding of Business Intelligence systems concepts and technologies.
- Exposure to cloud-based solutions such as MS Azure.
- Experience in Power BI development.
- Experience in developing Visualization reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Visualize data, author reports, and schedule automated refresh of reports.
- Familiarity with Data Integration and testing.
- Ability to study and understand the existing Analytical Reporting Environment.
- Strong in Deployment and administration/configuration.
- Experience in creating calculated measures and cube partitions.
- Good Knowledge of dimensional modeling.
- Ability to work with business owners and employees to help drive significant improvements in business performance via data analytics.
- Must have excellent Oral and Written communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Desire and ability to learn and apply new concepts and techniques.
- Drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work up, down and across the organization as a team player.
- Good stakeholder management (customer service skills/people handling skills) and Communication skills.
Primary Job Duties
- Perform analysis on large amounts of data in ERP, POS, and various other databases.
- Establish workflows and procedures to support a continuous improvement environment.
- Present data driven analytical solutions and recommendations to all levels of leadership.
- Manage and maintain positive working relationships with IT solution and service providers.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Define tasks and requirements to the appropriate level of detail to enable accurate and timely implementation.
- Understand, interpret, and enhance business owner requirements in order to deliver world class solutions.
- Provide technical support to IT and non-IT employees.
- Prepare Detail Level Specifications for design / re-engineering.
- Lead a cross functional Power BI committee and providing support to all committee members.
- Establish and support a positive work environment based on mutual respect, honesty, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Work with the DAS Help Desk to resolve any support tickets related to business intelligence requests to ensure a positive user experience.
- Receive assignments from manager in the form of projects or general defined objectives.
- Keep manager advised of progress on project or tasks in a timely fashion.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; use close vision; ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk; hear; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; use distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception.
- The noise level is usually quiet.
Work Attire – Business Casual
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Organization Name: DAS Companies, Inc.
Primary Location: Palmyra, PA
Department: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
No telephone calls please.
DAS Companies, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. The company is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.Back