Location: Palmyra, PA
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Compliance Manager; this position aides in ensuring all product/manufacturing compliances are met, support audit and maintenance of assigned HTS and duties. When required oversee, report upon department objectives/standards.
Education and Experience
- High school degree or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, logistics or compliance a plus.
- Experience preferred but not required, we will train you for advanced career in compliance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Detail oriented and capable of managing large amounts of data.
- Use of critical thinking to facilitate the definition of project scope and goals.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, organizational and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient in office suite with an emphasize on Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Uses sound judgement and exercises discretion.
Primary Job Duties
- Assist in the review, interpretation, and classification of new items under HTS codes, populate US/CAN HTS codes/rates into PIM/MDM.
- Assist in the research of and remain current in all compliance attributes within product categories we distribute.
- Maintain pertinent notes on goods requiring additional or advanced documentation (ex. SDS/Batteries)
- Assist in auditing customs brokerage statements (US/CAN) and approve payment with customs record back-up (B3’s).
- Assist in maintaining licensing for specific product categories (stuffed bedding/toys).
- Assist in auditing customs entry documents for accuracy, approval, or dispute.
- Assist in auditing US customs entries on CAN returns.
- Assist in recording daily customs reports and reconcile end of month ACH/PMS payment of US customs duties; communicate date of funds withdraw.
- Update master duty list and disperse to management/customs house brokers.
- Monitor published compliances (DAS Web Site)
- Track and document requested post entry amendments with customs house service provider.
- Support in navigating fluid trade topics and current events relating to the world of compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands and arms to finger, handle, or reach; talk/communicate; ability to hear and see; ability to lift and/or move up to 5 lbs.
- Occasionally required to stand in one place; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; use color vision; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Noise level ranges from quiet to normal.
Work Attire- Business Casual
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Organization Name: DAS Companies, Inc. Primary Location: Palmyra, PA
Department: Global Sourcing
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt Employment Status: Full-time
No telephone calls please.
DAS Companies, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. The company is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.Back