Location: Palmyra, PA
Plans and forecasts for future merchandise based on current inventory levels, historical movement, and customer input. Responsible for reviewing stock to sales ratio, responding to changing sales trends, and maintaining goal fill rates. Assists Category Manager(s) in overall planning and execution of tasks, related to shared categories.
Education and Experience
- Detail oriented and capable of managing large amounts of data. Proficient in excel and calculation skills.
- Ability to see and predict supply patterns while using critical thinking skills to plan or adjust order rates and volumes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, organizational and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think and react quickly to handle emergency and difficult situations. Proven track record in the re-buying process.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields a plus.
- Must be able to travel occasionally
Primary Job Duties
- Day to day inventory management (replenishment & promo buying, backorder/fill rate review, exception tracking).
- On order/in transit inventory monitoring (if we are out of an item, where is it?).
- Work with category managers to develop plans/solutions for excess inventory.
- Track, maintain, provide forecasting to key vendors.
- Product life cycle management.
- New product build assistance.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal departments, such as sales, to communicate planning updates.
- Focus on maintaining healthy inventory levels, in direct correlation to current sales rates.
- Assist in execution of Category Manager(s) vision for shared categories.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk; hear; use close and color vision; ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; smell; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; use distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; exposed to fumes or airborne particles; work in outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; subject to vibrations.
- The noise level is usually quiet.
Work Attire – Business Casual
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Organization Name: DAS Companies, Inc.
Primary Location: Palmyra, PA
FLSA Status: Salary-Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
No telephone calls please.
DAS Companies, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. The company is a drug free workplace and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.Back